Sunday, September 16, 2007

Kuks Reyes



Hair and Make-up Artist (HMUA): Kuks Reyes

A super–nice and friendly make-up artist whose name I stumbled upon my friend’s list of wedding suppliers. The first time I spoke with him on the phone, I know that I won’t have a hard time with him. True.

I had my trial make up (TMU) way ahead of schedule. Being a December bride, I needed to confirm my slots with the suppliers as soon as I could because their schedule usually gets full early. He is an HMUA-to-go, he can do make-ups at the location of choice. My TMU, however, was done at his small yet cozy salon in Commonwealth, Quezon City. He worked with an amazing speed and came out with a very commendable job! He got an A+ for my stunning hair-do and another A+, of course, for the magical transformation of my face! He highlighted my assets – eyes, lips, and cheeks and made my nose looked narrow and beautiful! Although I was scheduled for a couple more TMUs with two other artists, I decided to stick with Kuks. He charged really cheap because he used mostly local cosmetics but his work came out pretty well with it.

I also had him do my make up for our pre-nuptial pictorial. I had to travel then from Manila to Tagaytay and I was happy to note that my make up stayed until we finished our pictorial.

On my wedding day, Kuks and his team arrived early. He was with three more MU artists who did the HMU of the ladies in our entourage. Kuks concentrated on me, my mother, and my mom-in-law. As expected, he came up with a really nice hair do for me – pretty neat in front and really creative at the back. He held my long, black tresses in a pony and designed it into a ribbon and flowerrettes - I must say his signature design. I saw other HMUAs did the same design but not as polished and sleek as Kuks’. Then, he placed swarovsky and pearl headpiece (courtesy of Veluz) nicely. My moms raved about how he made them look stunning that evening.

He stayed until the end, always on his feet to fix my hair or make-up. My family and entourage who availed of his services cannot stop raving about how good he was!

Rave: Like, like, like. Will definitely get him again (and maybe bring my own make-up kit, for a change). Have referred him to many of my friends already who were all happy with his service.

Rant: None

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had my hair and make up done with kuks either on my wedding..super like it and super satisfied with his service.